Monday, October 18, 2010

Hi Tech Dental

Went to the Endodentist today for surgery.

While in the chair for an hour, I was thinking of my father.

In the days before dental equipment makers acknowledged that the heat from the drilling caused most of the pain and added a waterspray and asperator to the process tooth repair was an ordeal.

Adding a coolant alowed the dentist to use a high speed drill that helped both the dentist and the patient and eliminated the unsightly and unsanitary "spit bowl".

After one of my first trips to the office I asked Dad why the radio played so loud. He assured me that it was so
the waiting patients could not hear the guy in the chair screaming.

On a more serious note Dad told me about his memories of dental care in his boyhood. It was non existant. The only fallback he had for a toothache was topoke a hole in the ticking of his mattress and make a small wad of the cotton filling and place it in the cavity

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy Eastwood said...

Indeed, dental care nowadays is getting more innovated and there are new and improved services so that we will have that million dollar smile. Thrice a year, I seek consultation from my dentist in Goose Creek. And because I go there regularly, my teeth are kept clean and healthy. Also, some dentists (Goose Creek area) would suggest me to try their new dental services that I will surely love. Thanks for sharing!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home