Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dan says "Come Clean"

OK, now I can never run for public office.!
When I was at the University of Washington I took a course in Political Science.

We would have a quiz on the chapter assigned to be read.

Although I might have scanned the reading, I really didn't study deeply.

It was a blue book exam.

The fellow next to me would list in his blue book the eight or ten points the instructor required.

I would look over his shoulder and write a paragraph incorporating the points he had listed.

Invariably I received a higher grade than he did.

This in response to reading a a really cogent paper Dan wrote for a legal publication on composing an appeal advising lawyers not to just list the facts but to "tell a story using the facts."

3 Comments:

Blogger Danny Barer said...

I think the statute of limitations has expired.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Alan L. Barer said...

Not in today's politics

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mike Barer said...

You wrote that knowing your cousin is on the Board Of Regents?"

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home